1. Keep the lawn neat and tidy.
2. Trim all bushes.
3. Remove dead tree branches.
4. Put flower planters near the front door, if in season.
5. Paint or stain the front door and the mailbox.
6. Reseed any bald spots in your grass.
7. Repair any cracked or uneven driveways and walkways.
8. Remove old plastic furniture from the front porch.
9. Make sure your house number is easy to read.
10. Clean your windows.
11. Make sure that all your exterior lights work and that your home is well lit up at night.
12. Make sure your backyard deck is also neat and tidy and that any gate is well oiled.
13. Make sure the doorbell works.